Xiaomi Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 Review
Best Wireless Airpods Under 5000
While Xiaomi has been in the gadget business for quite a long time, with smart bands, phones, and audio devices that work and any other brands’, it has taken quite a while to release a pair of truly wireless earphones. As competitive as the company is in the Android market, it has never failed to impress its products or its pricing, which has always been customer-friendly and top-notch quality.
Finally, the wait for its wireless earphones is over. Xiaomi recently introduced its Mi True Wireless Earpods priced at 4,499, a price comparable to tech giants such as Apple and OnePlus. Compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows, for such a price, these wireless ear pods are great in terms of quality.
The design of the buds is somewhat similar to that of Apple’s Airpods that broke the market as the first-ever true wireless earphones. While the noise cancellation is not top-notch, as was anticipated by design, yet are very well-fitting and accommodating to the ear shape. The buds are touch-sensitive, have a play and pause on removal detection, and have gestures to answer calls or silence them.
The touch assistant isn’t super sensitive on the ears and needs to be repeated a few times, yet for the price, the earbuds are pretty good. Larger than other wireless earphones, they are 1.42mm drivers equipped with environmental noise cancellation, voice assistant, and one-step pairing on MIUI devices, making it a great deal. The battery life is terrific with 4 hours without the case, and up to 14 hours with the case. As there is no official rating for water or dust, it is advised not to use them in such conditions.
Let’s analyze a few features offered by the buds and see if they are truly worth the buy:
No doubt, the sound quality on these buds was pretty amazing, even without the extra passive noise cancellation. Supporting a pretty high volume, the large size of the buds really added to both the quality and the volume on the buds. With an astonishingly good sound clarity, the environmental noise cancellation worked really well on the buds.
Considering the impact and bass on the slower songs, the buds were very impressive in adapting to a particular song and its tone. Adapting to the surround sound, the bass, treble, and vocals were all right where they needed to be. The noise cancellation is just right to keep you aware of the surroundings while having a good sound quality experience.
Calls on the buds were very good quality as well. With a decent microphone as well, it was crystal clear on both ends of the phone.
The Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 has a lot of features and gestures that it supports. They are touch-sensitive, and support gesture controls such as a double-tap on the right earbud play or pauses the music. Double-tapping the left earbud activates the default voice assistant on your smartphone, double-tapping either side when your phone is ringing answers the call. One disadvantage is that you can’t skip tracks or adjust the volume on the earphones with gestures.
The buds support environmental noise cancellation and also support a voice assistant. The buds come with a C-type charger, and the case also has a capacity to charge. They come with ear detection and automatically pause music when taken off. While the tap gestures do not always work in one go, the features are good for the price they are offered at. They also support LHDC Bluetooth codec though it only works on Xiaomi devices.
- Good environmental noise cancellation
- Comfortable and stable fit
- A detailed, clear, and loud sound
- Good base and sound ratios
- Works well on voice calls
- Gestures for play and pause, answering and silencing calls
- LHDC Bluetooth codec connections
- 14 hours of battery life along with the case
- Passive noise cancellation doesn’t work well
- No water or dust resistance rating
- Cannot skip tracks or adjust the volume via gestures
- Larger than usual, it comes with a 14.2mm dynamic driver that fits like a glove in your ear.
- Strong battery life lasts up to 14 hrs with case and 4 hrs on a single charge without a case.
- Fantastic HD audio quality with LHDC hi-res codec delivering an exceptional sound experience.
- Distortion-free music with powerful neodymium magnets to ensure brilliant sonic accuracy.
- Provides a low latency, lag-free connection enabled by Bluetooth 5.0 that enhances the music experience
- Crystal clear call quality with adequeate noise cancellation powered by an intelligent dual-mic with a good range.
- Stylish, ergonomic, and slip-proof design to provide perfection.
- Hassle-free connection with one-step pairing for an instant establishment of a connection.
- Smart in-ear detection powered by infrared sensors that let detects when you take off earphones and pauses media.
- Double-tap activates for the voice assistants Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant, helping perform all actions at ease.
- The device is compatible with all brands and products, such as Android, iOS, and Windows.
We believe that the Mi True Wireless Earpods 2 is indeed a great product at only 4,499. Strong competition for similar products in the market, the buds are high-performing and definitely worth the purchase in this price range. If you are looking for an outstanding experience in terms of sound, you should definitely go for these buds by Xiaomi.